Adam and I never took a honeymoon when we got married 3+ years ago. Mainly because we were so consumed with moving across the country to start our new life. Adam knew I'd never let him forget that he still owed me a honeymoon!! Luckily for us, we were able to plan and execute our "honeymoon" vacation. We couldn't have done it if it wasn't for Adam's parents and close family friend agreeing to come out to SC to watch our kids while we were gone. We are so lucky to have such wonderful parents!!

On 10/4/08 we went to the Riviera Maya in Mexico for 5 days and 6 nights. We stayed in the beautiful town of Playa Del Carmen in an unbelievably gorgeous all-inclusive resort. We had a most stupendous time! They have gorgeous white sand beaches and a clear water ocean. It was everything I expected and more.


We shopped on Playa Del Carmen's "5th Avenue" several times, which is about a 2-3 mile stretch of outdoor shops and restaurants. We got to hold monkeys there and take some pictures. My favorite animal has always been monkeys, so I was so excited to do that. As soon as the monkey was put on my shoulder it started peeing down my back...It was just lovely!


5th Avenue is also where the dock is for the ferry that takes you to the island of Cozumel right across the ocean from Playa. We took a day trip to Cozumel and rented a Jeep for the day just to cruise around the island. We went up in a lighthouse and got to snorkel at a natural park called Chankanaab, which was my very 1st snorkeling experience. I really enjoyed that!



Another day we took a guided tour to Xel-Ha where they have a beautiful inlet of clear water separate from the ocean. We got to snorkel there, as well. I got to swim with dolphins for an hour while we were there. That was the most incredible experience I've ever had, aside from getting married and having children! It's something that's been on my "Bucket List", so Adam insisted that I do it while we were there. I'm so glad I did...It was so spiritual to be so close to those majestic creatures!!



The 2nd half of our guided tour was to see the Mayan ruins at Tulum. It was very cool to see such ancient structures and very interesting to learn the history of the Mayans. The Mayans were the 1st society to ever conquer back their own land after being conquered! We had a wonderful time there, as well.



The day before we went home, we spent all day relaxing (and drinking) at the swim up bar at our resort. It was a perfect way to end our wonderful vacation. We experienced super food, great service, amazing sights and such friendly people! We truly enjoyed ourselves and are already talking about when we'll go back!






1 comment:
Wow looks like you had a great time!!!! Is Adam still scared of Dolphins, he used to have nightmares as a kid I didnt see any pics of him with flipper. What was the name of the resort? I love all inclusive ones; you check in and leave your wallet in the safe.
Post a Comment