

With some much needed help from family, Adam was able to successfully build the most attractive chicken coop I've ever seen. We started with 13 baby chicks and quickly obtained 4 full-grown hens and 2 full-grown roosters. There's nothing like hearing a good "Cockadoodledoo" thru-out the day! After a few months we decided that we were going to see what a few of our chickens tasted like...BAD IDEA! We were unaware of how old they were and ended up having to throw out our dinner due to not being able to even pull it off the bone or chew it!! We decided we'll never do that again without knowing how old our chickens are. We enjoy getting fresh organic chicken eggs daily, which is one of Andrew's daily chores. We recently got some "yard chickens" which do not stay in the coop. There are 5 bantam hens and 1 bantam rooster.

We also planted a garden in April 2008. We will continue to have a garden every year. It's amazing how much better organic fruits and vegetables from your own garden taste! We have everything from tomatoes, bell peppers, banana peppers, yellow and zuchinni squash, peas, green beans, jalapenos, cucumbers and corn. Our future gardens will only get better!



2 comments:
I have to tell you-- I had the BEST tomatoes and Fresh green beans from Amy and Adam's garden while I was there! ,YUM! Nothing like it in the grocery stores.
Thank you for a Great Trip 7/9-7/15
Mom Kenson
AWWW I am sooo Excited for you guys! The Garden Looks GREAT!! Yeaaay!!
Post a Comment